- With his three goals, Marco Di Vaio joined Jack McInerney at the top of the MLS scoring charts. He had previously scored in each of the first five games of the season.
- Di Vaio's first goal, scored in the second minute, was the fastest goal scored by a player in the history of the Montreal club. It was also the first time an Impact player had scored three goals in an MLS game.
- During his spectacular game, Di Vaio had notably received a yellow card for... eating cake! Official Juan Guzman gave the Italian player a yellow card after celebrating his third goal, as he took a bite out of the cake served to celebrate the Impact's 20th anniversary.
- With the win, the Impact remained undefeated at home. (Five wins, one draw)
- Marco Di Vaio is now the Team manager of Bologna FC in Italy.