On February 15, the Montreal Impact was in Longueil to take part in a special activity: A free introduction to soccer clinic, organized by a student in the programme d’éducation international (PEI) of the Collège Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes. This event’s objective was to demonstrate the importance of sports in your day-to-day life, while showing how accessible it is to all.
Patrick Leduc and Patrice Bernier, two former Bleu-blanc-noir players now employed by the club, were present in order to give a conference on their personal and professional careers paths, highlighting the important role sports played in their lives. The event was followed by a soccer clinic, with the two invitees conducting the warm-up.
Many youths from la Maison Tremplin de Longueuil took part in the event.
This initiative concludes the 25 for 25 program, which took place between March 2018 and February 2019 as part of the club’s 25th anniversary celebrations. Throughout the year, the club carried out 25 acts of generosity within the community in order to thank the different actors supporting the organization since day one. During the entire season, the club:
- Organized corporate volunteering activities
- Donated non-perishable foods, clothes, sports equipment and promotional items to organizations throughout the province of Quebec
- Visited community organizations and schools in the Greater Montreal region
- Organized unique events at Stade Saputo and Centre Nutrilait
- Participated in major events
To consult all the initiatives, click here.