September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month across MLS. The Montreal Impact joined the movement by participating in the Leucan Shaved Heads Challenge for a seventh consecutive year.
In all, the Montreal Impact team raised $16,000. Since 2012, the Impact has raised more than $81 000 to support Leucan and to help children diagnosed with cancer.
First team player Jason Beaulieu, many players and trainers from the Academy and Pre-Academy, members of the administrative team as well as three club supporters shaved their heads for a cause they hold dear.
To the participants of the 2018 edition, thank you for your courage:
- Jason Beaulieu – first team goalkeeper
- Patrice Bernier – assistant coach to the Montreal Impact Academy teams
- Eduardo Sebrango- head coach of the Montreal Impact Academy U14 team
- Massimo Gatto – Montreal Impact Academy U14 player
- Antoine N’Diaye - Montreal Impact Academy U14 player
- Guilherme Gomes Sousa- Montreal Impact Academy U14 player
- Maximilian Banfi - Montreal Impact Academy U17 player
- Samuel Banfi - Montreal Impact Academy U17 player
- Julien Obriot – Pre-Academy U9 educator
- Danielle Laperrière – Accountant at the Montreal Impact
- Clément Tremblay – Montreal Impact supporter
- Brian Therrien - Montreal Impact supporter
- Edward Yoo - Montreal Impact supporter
Leucan promotes the recovery and the well-being of cancer-stricken children and supports their families by providing distinctive and tailored services and assistance through every stage of cancer and its side-effects. For more information about Leucan, visit the website: https://www.leucan.qc.ca/