All spectators attending an event at Stade Saputo (the “stadium”) are subject to an electronic inspection by security prior to entering the gates. Spectators with bags are subject to a more thorough inspection and will be asked to open their bag. In order to minimize potential wait times at the stadium’s gates, the staff suggests:
- To arrive at the gates 90 minutes prior to kickoff;
- To leave bags at home;
- To carry as few items as possible;
- To follow directions given by security and the stadium’s staff.
Permitted items include:
- Bags smaller than 14”x14”x6”;
- Infant food and bottles when accompanied by an infant;
- Children’s juice boxes when accompanied by a child or children;
- Additional clothing and blankets to protect yourself from bad weather.
Spectators in possession of prohibited items will be turned away and may be transferred to the appropriate authorities.
Prohibited items include:
- All backpacks, camera bags, large tote bags and coolers of any size;
- Any bag larger than 14”x14”x6”;
- Animals (with the exception of guide dogs for the disabled);
- Weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, knives, pepper spray, stun guns, concealed weapons or firearms, real or fake;
- Remote-controlled airplanes or aircrafts and drones;
- Balls (soccer, beach, inflatable, party balloons, etc.);
- Alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages, food coming from outside the stadium;
- Aerosol cans, spray cans, corrosive, flammable substances, dyes or receptacles containing substances which are harmful to health or are highly flammable;
- Bottles, cans, thermoses or any other container;
- Professional cameras with lenses bigger than 2.5 inches or any other removable lens;
- Professional cameras and equipment, such as tripods, batteries and commercial video cameras;
- Chairs or seat cushions larger than 15”x15” or those that contain metal arms or backs (other than those approved for persons with special needs);
- Hats or clothes that may impede the view of the fans;
- Streamers and confetti;
- Illegal drugs or toxic chemical products;
- Fireworks of any kind including, but not limited to, flares, smoke bombs, sparklers, fireworks or any other non-approved pyrotechnic items;
- Mechanically-operated instruments which produce excessive noise such as megaphones, air or gas-powered horns (need management’s approval in supporters sections only);
- Monopods and tripods;
- Selfie sticks;
- Skateboards, rollerblades and hoverboards;
- Laser pointer devices;
- Sticks or poles (need management’s approval);
- Radios or hand-held TVs larger than pocket-sized;
- Any promotional or commercial materials;
- Clothing with profane or abusive language, obscene graphics, or material considered to be indecent or inappropriate by stadium management;
- Vuvuzelas; whistles;
- Other objects which could compromise public safety and/or harm the reputation of the event.
* Stade Saputo, Free 2 Play and the Montreal Impact reserve the right to modify the Code of Conduct, Rules & Regulations, Prohibited Items List, and policies or procedures at any time without notice to spectators.