After making a fantastic run all the way to the MLS Cup finals last season, the New England Revolution have had a tough start to the 2015 campaign.
Here are the five things you need to know about the Impact’s opponents on Saturday at 3pm (TVA Sports, TSN Radio 690).
- The Revs will be playing their third game of the season, having played its first two on the road, making Saturday’s kickoff versus the Impact the home opener at Gillette Stadium.
- Although they played tough competition on the road, the Revs lost by a combined score of 5-0. Not the start head coach Jay Heaps was looking for on both sides of the ball, despite his team creating a number of good scoring chances at Yankee Stadium on Sunday. This is the second consecutive season in which the Revs have opened the season with consecutive losses and without scoring a goal.
- Expect a new-look backline for the Revs this weekend as right back Kevin Alston suffered an injury in the 2-0 loss to NYCFC last weekend, while centre back and captain Jose Goncalves is suspended following is red card last weekend.
- Also injured, Designated Player and architect of the club’s late season push in 2014, Jermaine Jones is out for Saturday’s matchup after undergoing Left Sports Hernia Surgery.
- Big offseason acquisition Juan Agudelo has started both games for the Revs, taking five shots with just one on target, and unable to find the back of the net.