THE GAME AT A GLANCE
• During its last game on April 3, the Impact and the Miami FC tied 0-0 in Fort Lauderdale.
• After four exhibition matches, the Impact holds a pre-season record of one win (3-1 against Lynn University), one loss (1-3 against Rochester) and two ties (1-1 against Honduras and 0-0 against the Miami FC).
• Forward Fabian Dawkins is the Impact’s leading scorer with two goals. Midfielders Martin Fabro and Mauro Biello scored as well.
• Impact goalkeeper Andrew Weber played the entire match against Lynn University. Goalkeeper Matt Jordan played the full 90 minutes against Miami.
• The Impact will then kick off the 2007 USL D1 season April 21, in Atlanta, against the Silverbacks.
TRAINING CAMP NOTES
• A total of 24 players are currently training: 20 of those players are under contract with the Montreal Impact for the 2007 season.
• Defenders Hicham Aaboubou and Paul Moran, as well as forwards Matt Palleschi and Evans Asembia are still trying to earn a spot on the team.
• Defender Nevio Pizzolitto has been training with the team since Monday. He is back from a knee injury and should play his first pre-season game tomorrow.
• Defender Jason DiTullio and midfielder Shaun Tsakiris, both under contract with the team, are not training due to injuries. Midfielder Lars Lyssand did not report to camp and is currently trying out with MLS teams.
MIDFIELDER PATRICK LEDUC
"This will be good preparation as we are facing a solid opponent. It will help us get ready for our first match against Atlanta. On their side, motivation will be high as they will want to show what they are made of and they will want to be the first ones to be called up to our team should we need Attak players during the summer.”
FORWARD CHARLES GBEKE
“It is important for us to end this camp on a high note. Tomorrow’s game will prepare us technically for the regular season. It will give us a good idea about where our team currently stands. There’s no doubt that we have improved since the onset of the training camp. We are faster on the field, however minor adjustments are still needed.”
OUT OF THE LINE-UP
Team – Player (Position) – Reason – Status
MTL – Zé Roberto (M) – Knee – will miss Friday’s game
MTL – Gabriel Gervais (D) – Groin – will miss Friday’s game
MTL – Andres Arango (D) – Concussion – will miss Friday’s game
MTL – Massimo Di Ioia (F) – Groin – will miss Friday’s game
MTL – Paul Moran (D) – Hamstring - will miss Friday’s game
MTL – Jason DiTullio (D) – Knee – is not training with the team
MTL – Shaun Tsakiris (M) – Thigh – is not training with the team
MTL – Lars Lyssand (M) – did not report to camp
Source: Patrick Vallée, Montreal Impact
Info: 514-328-3668, ext. 27
THE GAME AT A GLANCE