The Pre-Academy is:
- A developmental program for young soccer players from ages 8 through 12.
- For young players living in the Montreal and surrounding areas (20 km around Stade Saputo).
- A complete season from mid-April to March.
- Two to four training sessions (and one game) per week, depending on the age group.
- 80 players, five teams: U8, U9, U10, U11, U12.
- Share the bases of the philosophy and playing identity developed through the Montreal Impact Academy.
- Develop young athletes that are responsible and blooming citizens in their social life, able to transmit the sport’s fundamental values: willingness to work, surpass oneself, respect the rules and respect of others.
- Summer games are played mostly at the Centre Nutrilait, during the weekend.
- In the winter season, teams play in the Lac Saint-Louis winter league at Soccerplexe Catalogna, in Lachine.
- A Pre-Academy coordinator
- One head coach per team
- Three assistant coaches
- A goalkeeper coach for all teams
Every Montreal Impact Pre-Academy player will receive:
- A high-level soccer training with qualified coaches operating under Philippe Eullaffroy, the Montreal Impact Academy Director and UEFA A licence holder
- Access to a professional club structure
- Education of social and sports values advocated by the club in each of its teams
- Integral development of the four facets: physical, psychological, technical and tactical
- Training and sporting management programmed over 12 months (including rest periods)
- Access to and monitoring by the club’s athletic specialists: the Montreal Impact Academy coaches.
Outdoor period – From April 17 to October 29, 2017 (29 weeks)
- U8-U9-U10: Two training sessions + one game/week – Centre Nutrilait
- U11-U12: Three training sessions + one game/week – Centre Nutrilait
- Two weeks off from July 16 to July 30, 2017
- One week off at the end of October, beginning of November
Transition period – November 6, 2017, to December 15, 2017 (6 weeks) – Reduction of the training load, phasing in technical work through futsal
- U8-U9-U10: One futsal practice + one game/week – location TBD
- U11-U12: One field practice + one futsal practice + one game/week – location TBD
- Vacations from December 16, 2017, to January 7, 2018
Mixed period – from Monday, January 8 to the end of March 2018 (12 weeks)
- U8-U9-U10: One futsal practice + one field practice + one game/week – place to be determined
- U11-U12: Two field practices + one futsal practice + one game/week – place to be determined
At the end of every season, each player in the Pre-Academy has to do the tryouts again to integrate the next age group.
Registration cost (per year)
- U8-U9-U10: $1,600 – $8.45 per hour of soccer
- U11-U12: $1,950 – $7.45 per hour of soccer
Possibility to pay with a deposit at registration and three more payments in the three following months.
For more information – Receipt for Children’s fitness tax credit
These costs include:
- Field rental + registrations to leagues and tournaments
- Full Adidas training kit
- Pre-Academy coaches’ salaries
Several activities will also be offered during the season to players and parents.