MONTRÉAL – The Montreal Impact announced Wednesday that the club will hold a three-day tryout for its Sport-Études program, from January 2 to 4, at Marie-Victorin Sports Complex, for players born between 1997 and 2001 exclusively.
Selected players will join the Montreal Impact Academy, comprised of a U21 team, playing in the Canadian Soccer League, a U16 and U18 team, which made their respective debuts in the prestigious US Soccer Development Academy this year, as well as two Espoirs teams (U13 and U14).
The tryout is comprised in four stages:
- Stage 1: First session will be open to the public. Following this stage, a first group of players will be selected to participate in the second stage.
- Stage 2: It includes players selected in the first stage, as well as chosen players scouted throughout the year by the Academy. Following the second stage, a group of players will be selected to participate in the third stage.
- Stage 3: It includes players selected in the second stage. This last stage will take place in the form of games against actual teams of the Montreal Impact Academy. Following this stage, a final selection of the best players will be retained to join the Montreal Impact Academy, provided they pass stage four.
Stage 4: Academic validation. This is the last condition to get into the Montreal Impact Academy. Our partnering schools will assure that the selected player has the academic prerequisites to be admitted into the sport-études program:
- A minimum overall average of 75%
- A minimum average of 65% in Math
- A minimum average of 65% in French
It is possible to register for the tryout via AcademieImpactMontreal.com, in the Recrutement section. Registration fees are $45.
Please note that place is limited for each session and that additional sessions will not be added once full. Registration ends on Friday, December 14 at 2pm.