Striker Eduardo Sebrango returns

Sebrango, who had announced his retirement last April 18, returned to training, at his request, with the Impact on June 21.

“Eduardo can definitely help us, but he is not joining us to try to be the saviour of the team on the field,” said Nick De Santis. “It will be his presence in the locker room that will be beneficial for everybody. He is a player that knows and has lived the winning culture of this club. He inspires pride that can easily be passed to the others. He has great qualities as a striker and has a wealth of experience that will help our young players in their development.”

“I’m excited to be back with the team and to once again get on the pitch at Saputo Stadium,” said Sebrango. “I feel I still have the energy to play and can help the team win. I felt great during our practice sessions throughout the last week. I will accept my role and give my best to contribute to the club’s success. I also want to help our young forwards progress and help the group through this difficult sequence.”

Sebrango, a Canadian originally from Cuba, played for the Impact between 2002 and 2005, and during the 2009 and 2010 seasons. He registered 45 goals and 10 assists for 100 points, in 136 regular season games. Sebrango is second in team history for most goals and points, behind Mauro Biello.

Sebrango, who also played for Vancouver, Rochester and Hershey, is also in second place in North American second division with a total of 98 goals and 30 assists for 226 points in 257 games and 17,659 minutes of play.

The team will play its next home game at Saputo Stadium tonight against the Puerto Rico Islanders, at 7:30pm (CKAC Sports, THE TEAM 990, radio-canada.ca/sports). Tickets for this game are still available through Admission Network (admission.com / 514-790-1245) or at Saputo Stadium’s ticketing office.

Lire cet article en