Montreal Impact - LA Galaxy
Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 4pm (ET)
Olympic Stadium, Montreal
Broadcast: RDS/TSN & CJAD Radio
Also available : illico Mobile, illico Web
MONTRÉAL, Quebec - The Montreal Impact and LA Galaxy will face each other in front of a record crowd at Olympic Stadium on Saturday, May 12 at 4pm. The organization asks that the supporters arrive early to the game and to use public transit to get to the stadium.
We're going to wait until tomorrow before we give the lineup to the guys because we have to see where a few guys are at physically and then make a few judgments calls from there on. It's a game where we can rely on our deep roster and know then the guys are going to be ready when we call them up.
Just like the players, supporters must prepare for the home opener this Saturday. Make sure you're ready!
Scoring first doesn't guarantee three points, but the LA Galaxy wouldn't mind taking their chances with a lead on Saturday against Montreal.
“From a confidence standpoint, it will help a lot," Donovan said. "If we can score, we can play differently and play a little bit more conservatively and play to our strengths, which are countering and being good when we get chances."
- Goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts has played every single game for the Impact this season, earning three shutouts over all competitions, and is currently tied for sixth amongst MLS goalkeepers with 31 saves. Ricketts donned the Galaxy colours from 2009 to 2011, playing in 70 regular season games. He recorded 35 wins, 15 losses and 18 ties, on top of earning 27 shutouts.
- Forward Sanna Nyassi is only one yellow away (four total) from a one-game suspension.
- The Impact is currently tied for first among MLS teams with 152 fouls committed and sixth with 47 shots on goal and 130 shots.
- The Galaxy has now lost back-to-back games – something they did not do in the entirety of the 2011 season. The last time they lost consecutive matches came Aug. 21-28, 2010. It’s their second three-game winless run of the campaign (also April 14-28).
- The Galaxy still have yet to record a shutout this season. After nine games last year, they already had four shutouts, on their way to 17 over the 34-game season – tying the all-time MLS record.
- Injury Report: OUT - D Zarek Valentin - Right calf contusion; D Josh Gardner – Left hamstring tendinitis; F Evan James – Fractured nose; PROBABLE: M Justin Mapp - Left hamstring strain